Caroline L-B
Community Tutor
Learning Article : Présent, Passé Composé & Imparfait: The Nuts And Bolts Of French Verbs

Discuss the Article : Présent, Passé Composé & Imparfait: The Nuts And Bolts Of French Verbs

<a href='/article/180/present-passe-compose-imparfait-the-nuts-and-bolts-of-french-verbs' target='_blank'>Présent, Passé Composé & Imparfait: The Nuts And Bolts Of French Verbs</a>

This article is a follow up to The Landscape of French Verbs, in which I tried to explain the theory behind different verbs tenses. Today, I'll try to explain how they work, nuts and bolts. It will be more technical tis time, meaning it will be more practical (not more boring!) Armed with tables and examples, I will show you how verbs generally behave in 3 verb tenses: présent, passé composé and imparfait.

Jun 24, 2014 12:00 AM
Comments · 27

This is the most useful article I've ever read about French! I still cant believe that I understood this subject just with one article. :D Thank you so much for your great effort, you are my heroine!

July 28, 2014

Greetings Caroline and Quentin, 

I just took the liberty of making the small corrections to this article that I saw commented on within the discussion.  And yes, if you need to make a change or correction to your article, please do email your request to [email protected] with clear instructions and a link to the article you need to modify (and, please limit change requests to correcting information or typos that would be otherwise misleading for students).

I can't guarantee how quickly we can make the change, but we do want to keep up a standard of good quality information for language learners on italki.  Thank you, both, for your support of italki Articles!

July 16, 2014

Great job! I've been studying French for only 1 month now but I find this organization of verbs and how to conjugate them very helpful. Keep up the great articles! Very useful!

July 13, 2014

Everybody makes mistakes ;-)

I just don't see why italki doesn't let people update their articles... it's a bit silly.

July 7, 2014

Tu es un bon professeur! Je pense que l'article est interssant et me aide beacoup. Merci ! 

May 18, 2015
Show more