Bri
Sugestões para aprender portugues?

Eu estou tendo um momento difícil aprender português. Eu não sei por onde começar!

Any suggestions? I'm slowly getting better at reading, I'm finding this to be getting easier, if I don't know a word I usually look it up while reading 

I use google translate when talking sometimes, as in the statement above ????

Jun 28, 2014 6:52 AM
Comments · 8

Google translate can be a very useful tool but at the same time a bad one because your sentence is written grammatically incorrect. 

They missed an important preposition in the first sentence:

Estou tendo um momento díficil EM or DE aprender o português.

The best ways to learn a language in my opinion are:

1 - Get a good textbook (read it along with the audio, the dialogues, new words, read them out loud)

2 - Listen to a lot of podcasts (there are a lot of podcasts for beginners)

3 - Immerse yourself in the media of the language (radios, tvs, films)

4 - Find a partner and always rely on him,her or even better, THEM 

June 28, 2014

One of the best ways of learning a language is making a words list. But this list mustn't consist on words by themselves but how to use them... try to get 3, 4 words by day and search for phrases using each of them... good words to start with are "connective words"... prepositions and conjunctions are the key point for mastering any language. In Portuguese it's really hard to learn verb conjugation so if you're a beginner in Portuguese don't focus too much on verb forms (even native speakers commit BIZARRE mistakes).

The other thing, of course, is to get used to the spoken language by wathing movies, TV shows and listening to music

July 5, 2014

Hello Bri. The first thing you need to choose is whether you want to learn Brazilian or Portugal (European) Portuguese. There are more differences between these two languages than between British and American English.

July 16, 2014

Vocabulary

June 30, 2014

Bri, we can study together! I'm trying to practice my english and I'm a native portuguese speaker from Brazil. Skype gustavohmsilva

June 29, 2014
Show more