Terasee Miz T
Learning Article : A World Of Practice For Speaking English

Discuss the Article : A World Of Practice For Speaking English

<a href='/article/185/a-world-of-practice-for-speaking-english' target='_blank'>A World Of Practice For Speaking English</a>

There are opportunities every day to practice speaking English. I am only going to touch on a few so that you can begin to see some possible situations for practice...

Jun 30, 2014 12:00 AM
Comments · 5

What if you live and work in a place where no body or few poeple are speaking target language?  I guess that is critical point for some people who can not get to a taget language environment.

July 8, 2014

thank you!

March 5, 2015

Allen, this is a good question.  I have many students who share this problem with me.  However, there are still many opportunities via the wonderful internet.  Not all are good but at least there is practice for listening.  

For pronunciation there are audio books available online as well.  I suggest, get a copy of the text and as the reader reads, try to pause and repeat.  This will help with pronunciation.

But, there is really nothing better than taking at least 30 minutes a day talking with a native speaker, if there is ANY opportunity to do so.

Thanks for the comment.

July 8, 2014

For practice I'd say English, or even subtitled TV programs and movies.  However, not the most exact and if flung to as gospel could do damage.  Take it with a grain of salt and keep the books close.

June 30, 2014

I prefer to listen to BBC radio without any image or video to bother my listening. As far as I am concerned that is a good manner to train your thinking. However, you had better have fundamental vocabulary and grammar knowledge to deal with native speaker's fluent and rough speaking in a long reading from time to time. It is not easy for an English beginner.

July 3, 2014