[Deleted]
What do you think about Korean? People, culture and anything :)
Jul 3, 2014 2:36 AM
Comments · 25

In France, japanese culture has a big big influence. Every singular element of japanese culture is popular in France : mangas and video games, martial arts ( karate, judo, aikido, kendo) judo is the first sport practiced in France and the french always win the medals in the olympic games, the japanese literature, the haiku....every thing i  japanese culture is popular in France except karapke and Jpop.

China also, it's culture interests many people.

But Korea ? I could say, it has not any cultural i fluence in France. korean culture is not popular here. We know nothing about korean culture. Except perhaps the taekwondo.

I  fact, in FranceKorea is seen just like a copy of Japan, they copy Japan in all the topics, eletronic culture, mangas, martial arts....I don't know if it's true but this is the perception of Korea.

Korea is hided in the shadow of there 2 great na hours

July 3, 2014

Hiking in the mountains and then rice wine and THIS >>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bi2iV3tbM7k

July 3, 2014
Kim Hyun Joong,Park Yoo Chun,Lee Jong Suk...
July 3, 2014

Thanks to all about high-quality mention for KOREA. :)) 

November 27, 2014

I also like Kimchi, only we call it Sauerkraut :)

Thinking of Korea, the first thing that springs to mind is think of frighteningly high-level play in E-sports. And that Starcraft craze as a cultural phenomenom.

Other than that, it's the country where Samsung electronics and some brands of cars come from. And which once won some famous sea battle against a japanese fleet, or was it a japanese/mongol one? Anyway, the ships were a clever design. The shipbuilders probably became automotive engineers later on.

Oh yes. And last but not least I think of the touching stores I've read in the book "Nothing to envy". About the other half of Korea. The book is composed of original accounts by people who've made it to the right half.

Recently, on a regional train, I overheard a man talking in an absolutely charming mixture of two dialects. The one of my home region, and the neighbouring region in East Germany, the former GDR. I loved it. The train went between these regions. I hope you'll have a deja-vu one day with this story of mine. I must mention that the GDR was nowhere near as crass as North Korea. But in its case too, fleeing was very hard and dangerous to do.

November 27, 2014
Show more