2201xiaoyue
let's talk about exam

do you like exam? why ?

Jul 10, 2014 10:17 AM
Comments · 10

Yes I love exams.

It is because they are unbiased, exact, and because I am good at them.

They are unbiased in the sense that it does not matter if the teacher likes you. It is purely the performance that is getting rewarded. Mostly an exam is checked by serveral correcters, to excluded favouratism. I mean, the paper is read by more than one person, and these persons have to agree. So, a teacher cannot give you a bad mark because you are cheaky. Happened a lot to me, I was a very cheaky and arrogant student.

Exams are exact because they give an exact number. A figure. I recently did the B2 exam in German. B2 is a standard level. The level has defined abilities you must have. I often here a load of nonsence here, from people that are saying something like, I have C1 in my English, because my English friends always say I am very good. Yeah sure, your friends say you are good. That is not very exact. In a week or two I get the exam back at it says for example: B2, 76 out of 100 scored, 50 is the minimum to pass. Now that is defined figure.

As last I must say, I am good at exams. This unfortunately also says in real life I am little worse than my exam score. ;-) But I have this ability to peak at the right moment. When I am under stress, I am more concentrated, I have more adrinaline, and I am more creative in finding solutions. So I mostly score higher on the real test, than I do at for example a practizing exam in class. 

One last thing that enters my mind. I also like exams because the result, the certification is mine. If you work for a company, and you make a good product, the company sells it, and it can be that you dont get a fair share of the success. Your product is owned by the company, even if you have made it. The result of that exam, is only for me.

So yes, I totally love exams.

July 10, 2014

Yeah, I am just always different! I know. Ah story of my life, cannot help honoustly. I could be popular and go with the crowd, but then I would lie.

July 11, 2014

There is saying in Russia- Исключения только подтверждают правило.

Exceptions only prove the rule, SeventeenSeconds.

July 10, 2014

The exception proves the rule

---> The exception implies there are rules

There is no rule without an exception.
---> everything has exception even there are rules

July 15, 2014

As far as a teacher is concerned, how will the teacher know his teaching? That might be an inevitable  devil everyone has to face.

July 15, 2014
Show more