[Deleted]
Do you use any eBook reader?

Hi! Do you use any eBook reader? If so, which one (brand, model)? Thanks.

Jul 13, 2014 2:00 PM
Comments · 7

Hi Peter,

I had such an idea almost 6 month ago. I wanted a tablet and e- reader as well and I bought Tablet.  It has background for day and night reading. I can't complain for now. However, if you need it only for learning foreign languages, it's better to have special e- readers.

July 13, 2014

Thank you Berze. It makes sense. It seems I will buy both:-)

July 13, 2014

A tablet has usually a LCD display, and brightness is a factor you can tinker with to find the best for you. The main issue can be battery. Tablets are good for comics or books that have images (i.e. museum catalog) or for PDF books that you want to highlight passages from. For this, the bigger the screen, the better. Cheap asian tablets like Onda products are enough to enjoy it.

What me and Aaron are talking about though aren't tablets, they are e-ink readers (google images or youtube reviews can help you understand), they consume very little, retro-illumination can be turned on/off, they work well for EPUB books without many images, very pleasant reading experience, easier to hold than a book. Bad for PDF (you can't highlight and save it in the pdf file) and comics (small screen, slow, bad zooming). Extremely good to read long articles on through sharing sistems like 'Pocket'.

So in the end it depends on what you want to read, I have both and read pdf/comics on the tablet, and epubs/internet articles on the e-ink. In both cases, I'm extremely glad I bought them and didn't realize what I was missing until I got them. For the "e-ink or tablet?" question, my suggestion is the better quality/price deal of both.

July 13, 2014

as far as only reading is concerned ...

I prefer the Kindle... 

in comparison to ipad, iphone, nexus7II, and so on...

July 13, 2014

Hi Aaron and Berze! Thank you for your comments. One question has just come up in my mind. How is it about using a tablet for reading ebooks? Do you have any experience with that? I wonder if reading ebooks on a tablet is OK for eyes. 

July 13, 2014
Show more