Sergey
Why Do You Learn Russian ?

"I would have learned Russian only for the fact that Lenin spoke nem",-So the great Russian poet confessed his love for the Russian language. Lenin was a controversial person.So we'll leave it to the conscience of the poet's approval.I would have learned Russian because poets such as Pushkin, Yesenin, Mayakovsky wrote poems in Russian.When I read Chekhov and Gogol in the original that I was happy.

Jul 18, 2014 3:23 PM
Comments · 5

Because Russian is the language of great culture, literature, science and history. It is the official language of the greatest and best country in the world.

August 15, 2014

I want to say that I   disappointed with the number of people studying Russian. I agree with Evelyn. Literature it is not the motivation in the world today.

August 15, 2014

Sergey, you learn English. To what extent your interest in it is conditioned/driven by the poetry?

July 18, 2014

I think many men learn Russian for practical purposes... because they want to do business in Russia or they have Russian wives. And a little more rarely for travelling or reading books in the original language.

August 15, 2014

Lenin was successful in a sense. A lot of people did learn Russian because of communism. Even in Japan, for example, end even before 1917. A lot of Russian teenagers learn Japanese today, because of anime. So poetry is a reason as good as other reasons, and there are no necessary equality for the different languages. I'm just curious.

July 18, 2014