Site Feedback

What are you here for?

I've been here on Italky for some 3 weeks, I suppose. When I signed up my objective was to get so many language partners as to have opportunity for a each-day-English voice chat. What I've done is inviting many of you to language exchange or such a stuff. I wonder way on Earth you don't want to practice! Why is it so difficult to find somebody to have a skype chat? How can I entice you?

Or maybe, Italky isn't the right place for my purpose, is it?

Sorry for spelling and other mistakes:) I hope somebody may spot all of them and I'll correct them:)

Share:

Comments

well bro , you have to find the right people who want to learn and practice.

by the way, i already add your skype

Hi Darek. I'd like to help you but I'm learning English too. I'm speaking French. So I don't think I will be useful for you.

For me personally Italki is the right place to learn or to improve a foreign language.

Have a nice day :)

No, I didn't mean the natives. Actually, I hired here two of them to help me. What I really meant is the English learners:)

Fact #1  about human beings;  People are primarily selfish

Fact #2  about human beings;  Charity is the exception.  People will care about you,

only if they have developed to the point where they understand caring about other people.

A student of English would  practice with you in all probability, if there was an abundance of persons who knew it to be of benefit.  As  "EloquentWithRage"  indicates;  "Demand and supply are out of balance".

Be patient though  Darek.  I think that the more you write discussion topics,  the more people will be familiar with you.   If it requires that you write a  similar complaint  every single week, that is exactly what you should do.  Eventually,  everyone will know about   "Darek" and "Mostafa"  and all of the others who are looking for practice partners.

Yes, there's something in it, Bruce. I'm a bit impatient indeed.

3 weeks are nothing Darek ;) Some of us here for years. Be patient 

Hello, Darek! I'm learning English too and I agree with you. I find really difficult to find English speakers. Mainly English speakers interested in learning my language. 

I'm a native English speaker and I can help you. I understand what you are coming from because I am learning Korean and Japanese and it is hard to find some to practice in those languages. 

Personally, italik is a good forum to find language partners for improving the language we learned, but you need to be patient. I have been here since March, 2014, and I got the skype acount of about 20 partners, but I just talk to less than 5 partners frequently. Also, I think if you want to make more friends here, you'd better take part in disccusions others started up, such as comments their disccustions.

I'd love to have a real exchange on skype and talk to some Spanish speakers, but every time I get ready to do that, I get incredibly nervous.  There are some real obstacles that always seem to present themselves when I do, and it has very little to do with being selfish.

1.  I'm afraid I'm going to be so terrible at Spanish, my language partner is going to be very frustrated with me.  

2.  I've studied hours and hours of Spanish and spoken to myself.  The last time I spoke with a real "teacher," someone who was a professional and who I was paying for an introductory session (not on italki, this was in another program), she laughed at me, and said we would need to go all the way back to the very beginning basics.  This was so difficult to hear after working so hard, I stopped studying Spanish for two weeks.  I am afraid this is going to happen again.

3.  I am confident about correcting others' mistakes in English.  But I'm not sure exactly how to go about doing that.  Do I do it with writing?  Do I do it by just stopping them and correcting them?  Do I wait until they're completely done talking?  I am not sure how to be effective at this.

So there.  Those are my reasons for not getting on Skype.  I'm sitting here trying to finish my tree in Duolingo and all my Fluencia lessons before I get started, because I have a feeling that I won't be able to have an even basic conversation.  

What is holding anyone else back?

Add a comment