Sue
Community Tutor
Do you think children should be encourage to use technology or not?

Technology is part of our lives. Do you think it is an advantage or disadvantage to our children?

Jul 21, 2014 5:50 AM
Comments · 25

Christopher:

Indeed, what you said really impressed me so much. I do believe children or adolescent can learn much more than we as adults can expect. Unfortunately, most youngsters consume their time in online games rather than some other inspiring activities as far as I know.

August 6, 2014

I work as a engineer who is responsible for building websites for my clients. The truth is computer can memorize much more efficiently than human brains. We have to take advantage of state of art , advanced technology to learn more cheerfully and efficiently than we used to.

August 5, 2014

Let me take learning a new language as an example. Just few decades age, you had better go abroad to sophisticate your language otherwise you may wish to have native speakers around you and they are willing to practice with you. In most situation, at large, you have little chance to practice as you live in a non-target language environment. But now , it seems totally different since there are computers and internet. It has become  easier and convenient as long as you have an desktop connecting to WWW to find favourable language partners and lessons. Internet plus 3C products are the most amazing invention at the end of last century to my knowledge.

Having said that, you still have to teach your children how to utilize their intelligence to learn which is supposed to be the keynote given that they have the advanced information technology.

July 23, 2014

Chinese charcters could be the toughest and most painstaking work to handwriting in the world. I had learned it for more than 10 years to write it correctly and elegantly since I was a child.  But when I grow up, fortunately, there is a wonderful invention by the name of computer, I have not literally written Chinese characters for a long time. I do not think it is sad because Chinese characters were created thousands of years ago and it is apparently not suitable to write for most children who have to learn so many other interesting things up to date. In ancient times, children might not have so many interesting things to learn so as a consequence, handwriting and literature study perhaps is the most important task they can take. Nonetheless, handwriting can be regarded as a sort art if your children like very much and I think it can help your children calm down and concentration while they are writing.

As far as IT is concerned, I still believe children can make use of IT to learn more efficiently and know more about the world or his professionalism.  Suffice it to say, to learn how to think is critical for child's education rather than if you want your children to use IT. Hope I can shed some light to all of you.

July 22, 2014

I am a father of two children (8 and 10 years old) and I shelter them still a bit from technologies like smartphone and the like. Eventually they also will come to use this technology. I want to take care that they will be able to use their brain when using these technologies. They should not rely too much on the gadgets but use their own ability of thinking and a "healthy distrust" in what other sources tell them.

July 21, 2014
Show more