Mauricio Arango
What do you think about chinese textbooks?

Hi all, I would like to know your opinions about those textbooks for learnin chinese, do you like them or not? which textbooks have you used and what do you think about them?

There's been a long time ago, I'm thinking about it, because on my opinion I don't like the traditional chinese teaching method, sometimes it looks quite boring and updated.. I had the opportunity to check those books:

今日漢語 on my opinion, i don't like it, because it has pinyin all the time.. and not so many information

"the new practical chinese reader" i don't know, but i think is quite boring, and sometimes confusing, i really hate to have a main dialogue and then all the lesson is just the explanation of the dialogue.. there's nothing new.. grammar is focused on the dialogue,  so they only explain the grammatical reason in that specific case, so you won't be able to use grammar in other situations,.. i have the spanish version. and let me say as native spanish speaker.. i cannot understand the grammar explanation in spanish.. is so technical with words than native speakers don't know..

"遠東生活華語" It's my favourite one, well it has the same method than the others. dialogue, vocab, grammar and exercises.. but i think it's more suitable specially if you're in a chinese environment.. all topics are more actual, grammar is also presented in a disordered way, but better than the "NPCR", the good part of the book, it has a lot of listening exercises,  and the topics, but i think the vocab at the end of the course it's not so enough.. so it would be better if they create another more advance level!

Jul 23, 2014 2:23 AM
Mauricio Arango
Language Skills
Arabic (Egyptian), Arabic (Modern Standard), Chinese (Mandarin), English, French, Portuguese, Spanish
Learning Language
Arabic (Egyptian), Arabic (Modern Standard), Chinese (Mandarin), French