[Deleted]
Question for Arabic learner and to native Arabic. I dare you to answer it :)

هل من الممكن ان تشير الى كلمة واحدة يجتمع بها حرف العين مع حرف الحاء بالتتابع؟

Can you refer to one Arabic word that contain the letter ha'a (ح) and the letter A'en (ع) together?

Jul 23, 2014 7:23 PM
Comments · 18

السلام عليكم سؤال هادف أعجبني بالحق، كما أعجبني رد dorathea

حسب درايتها بعلم اللغات. فكما نعلم أن اللغات، مثل العربية و العبرية كانت من أشهر اللغات المحكية، و الإنسان في كلامة دائم البحث على التبسيط لإيصال الفكرة. فحرف الحاء و العين قد يكون صدفة أن لا نجد أي كلمة نجمع الحرفين بالتتابع، أو ربما كان العكس صحيحا، لصعوبة نطقهما بالتتابع. 

حسب علمي بعلم التجويد والصوتيات في اللغة العربية، فحرف الحاء و العين حرفان يشتركان في المخرج، ألا وهم وسط الحلق، لكنهما يختلفان في صفتي الجهر و الهمس، و التوسط و الرخاوة

و الصعب في ذلك أنه إذا زَل أحد الصفتين تصبح العين حاءا أو الحاء عينا.

ولكن الذي يميز الحاء أنها حرف همس و حرف ضعيف الصوت على العين.

لكم بهذا المثال الصوتي، و الله أعلى و أعلم

http://vocaroo.com/i/s04qfD2ilp5z ;

July 23, 2014

Yeah, it is :D sounds strange, or makes sleepy. I knew :D . I do make sleepy my brother's children. It's my pleasure to share my experiences :) مع السلامة

July 24, 2014

You're welcome , yes it's an Arabic word, for the roots and details please hit arabic dic. website link below

http://www.arabdict.com/%D8%B9%D8%B1%D8%A8%D9%8A-%D8%B9%D8%B1%D8%A8%D9%8A/%D8%AD%D9%8A%D8%B9%D9%84

July 23, 2014

Interesting question :) I can't spontaneously tell you one, which doesn't come as a surprise since there are in Arabic (and other Semitic languages) certain phonological rules deciding which consonants can appear together in a root. The whole subject is, of course, rather complicated, but the simplified rule is this: Consonants that are close to each other (i.e. they sound similar or are articulated at similar places in the mouth) can't appear next to each other in a root.ع and ح both belong to the group of "back consonants" - they're articulated at the back of the mouth, so it's very improbable that they appear together in a root (and if they do, chances are they will be in the first and last position so that a different consonant is between them). 

I think you'll have equal difficulty finding words containing combinations س, ث, ز, ظ, ذ or ل , ر, (and ن) or ب, ف, م
Of course, this is very simplified and you will find exeptions (especially for similar consonants appearing in the first and third position of a word; and in words that have a Non-Arabic origin).
If you google "Arabic (or Semitic) root incompatibility" you'll probably find more information, as there have been several studies on that subject (it was also noted by medieval Arabic grammarians and lexicographers)
Sorry if my answer is too long :) but I study this stuff and just couldn't stay quiet :D Maybe someone finds it interesting... 
And I'd also be interested in words that have both ع and ح! 

July 23, 2014

Thank you Dorothea :) It was very interesting.

July 25, 2014
Show more