Site Feedback

As countries have developed there has been a trend towards smaller family sizes. Why does this happen?

As countries have developed there has been a trend towards smaller family sizes. Why does this happen?

Share:

Comments

I think that because of they have money to buy condom.

Before it, It must have babys after making love.

So...as you see

i don't think there's a direct relation between developed countries and their trend toward smaller family size. It happens because of many factors and constraints, such as region, regulation, and resources. And also culture comes to play.

A developed country, if i'm not mistaken it's French (correct me if i'm wrong), has a money allowance comes from government to married couple who give birth in French. Government are frustrated because of its low birth rate.

In china, even though it's a developed country, still have in their mind where big family means prosper, a huge networking can be an advantage. Contrary to that, Japan has low birth rate and keep their family size as few as possible, or even not married so women won't have to give birth.

For China, it's the result of one-child policy. Now it leads a huge problem for the whole sociaty.

@DIDI

You putted it very straightfoward but there is truth in what you said. Modern ways of birth control allow people to decide when, if and how many children they want. Older generations didn't have that comfort?

Another reason that I think of is that old model of familly has changed (woman stays in home and take care of house and children, while man work). Nowdays girls want to be a succesful businesswomen not a home stayer. Not long ago there was a disscusion in here "Who you want to be in future~" Majority of girls answered: "Boss" none of them answered "full time mother".

Even though it is possible to be a full time mother of 5 children and be a boss at the same time it's pretty unusual.

Wow, Thank you all for replying !!!!!!!

Add a comment