what do you think about Working Holiday?

I want to go Working Holiday to foreign county. But there are so many good things and either bad things. First, I can learn English and different culture in there, but maybe I feel so lonely because there aren't my old freinds. Second, I don't know well about there, so if some bad people want to use me, they can do that. So it can be dangerous. But I think, female have to be careful anywhere.(Even in my country.) I know well about the black and white things about Working Holiday, so I'm seriously in agony. What do you think about Working Holiday, my friends?

Jul 28, 2014 3:08 PM
Comments · 5

Working holidays is a great opportunity but only for strong people. Not physically, but mentally. Depend what your working holidays package include and where are you going. If it's only working visa and you choose country with high rate of unemployed people you might end up without a job and that would mean it's time to go home. Same goes to renting a room/flat, be prepared to be extra charged, why? because you are easy to earn on.

Second of all, as you mentioned, you will be there alone so if you aren't easy friends making person or you are very tied to your friends and familly loneliness will take away all your enjoyment.

Third: There are high chances that people will try to take advantage of you in many! ways. Little girl from end of the world. How can you possibly fight back? or who to ask for help.

About improving english, well... yes you will improve your english but 1 condition... if you have someone to speak to. Living alone without leaving room in english speaking country doesn't automaticlly improve english skills.

On the other hand it can be really, really great experience. Unforgotten. Take care & Good luck

July 28, 2014

Hello 진 :) That depend a lot of the job but you can win more money in my point of view because restaurants, hotels, bars will be fulls of tourists...So probably if you go work in a city with tourists special if have beach close you will have full work and I guess you can win more money than in low seasson, some places just contract persons for the summer seasson and rest of year is the old employers...1st you need see the place before you go if is safe if not...2nd tell your family and friends for where you go or don't go completly alone make sure for what you go...3rd after that can be a amazing opportunity for make new friends, meet new culture new places etc :)

Can be very funny but you can stay also tired :) but can be a amazing experience :)

July 28, 2014

Hi Jin, First, some suggested changes to your writing to make it more natural...

I want to go for Working Holiday in a foreign county. But there are either many good things or many bad things. First, I can learn English and learn about different culture there, but maybe I will feel very lonely because my old freinds are not there with me. Second, I don't know well about the new country, so if some bad people want to use me, they can do that. So it can be dangerous. But I think, females have to be careful anywhere, even in my country, Korea. I know well about the black and white of Working Holiday, so I'm seriously in agony. What do you think about Working Holiday, my friends?

~About working holiday, maybe get in a program in your school or local agent to work as an intern in the foreign country (usually with a international Korean company with offices or even headquarter in that country). Wage is usually minimum, but benefit is good and you can learn a lot in office environemnt. In LA, USA, there are so many Korean interns working in internatioanl Korean parent company with numerous offices, branch, factories etc... for 6 month-1 yr contract.... One has to be careful everywhere, but I think there are a good supporting system in LA area for Korean interns...

Fighting :)

July 28, 2014

I agree with you Tomek I love work in holidays but sometimes I work 6 or 7 days per week for earn max money I can for travel in rest of year or buy the things I want but can be a amazing experience if she know for where she go...Exemple she have a friend of family or a uncle in one country and she go help all summer she can stay away of friends and family but will be great :) I didn't had any problems with that is like a break in ur live a new challenge a new chapter if she start like she will wich summer every year :)

July 28, 2014

And remember the summer is 3 months more or less will pass so fast you will wich that didn't over so fast :)

July 28, 2014