Olivier
I am wondering if it's forbidden to ask for an exchange here?

why? I found it's difficult to find an english speaker or language partner in searching, but why is it forbidden to ask one in a post in answers or discussion? I found many people are online but they don't answer my messages or they have many followers why?

Jul 29, 2014 6:19 AM
Comments · 8

Dear Olivier, you are right. Discussions and questions are not a place to ask for exchange partners. There are a lot of people using italki, and if each one star a new topic, discussion or question, just to look for an exchange partner, would be hard to find the questions about languages and cultural topic between all them, and a lot of people would be without answers to their doubts. Since it is forbidden, and people has to look for their exchange partners, the questions and discussions have beeing a effective way to learn and to solve doubts.
And you are right, it is not a easy task to find people to do an exchange, for many reasons like people have been answering here. But, dont give up! Keep sending messages when you see people have a profile that match with yours, and the most important is that people are learning your native language!
Have a nice time learning and exchanging! ^^

Best regards, 

Jéssica 

August 5, 2014

I am not to frustate you. It is hard for you to find favorable English speakers to practice English with you. In most cases, you might quest for non-English speakers to practice English.

July 29, 2014

Hi Olivier!

According to me, sometimes it's very difficult to schedule a conversation because of important time difference between countries. It's my case. I do my best but can't talk to everybody even people follow me an I'm willing.

Don't give up and good luck !

July 29, 2014

No, of course, it isn't forbidden to ask anyone for help, but no one can force anyone to talk with you if he does't want. It's possible only if your desire to converse with someone will be mutual.

Good luck in your learning.

July 29, 2014

maybe it's forbidden but I think it's a little better than sending a lot of messages and never get an answer or just an answer but I think there are people who come online here but never talk or say something

August 6, 2014
Show more