Tobi
Italki Interface

does someone know an option to change the mainpage? since a few days i have teacher suggestions instead of last activitys of my friends. i would like to reset this, its really annoying.

( no need for any correction, i just would like to figure if its possible to change that )

Jul 30, 2014 4:50 PM
Comments · 4

The contempt they have for the users here never ceases to amaze me. The very last thing this site needed was to replace one of the few remaining social features on the dashboard page with yet another annoying and intrusive usabilty hassle. I know how to find a teacher if I want one, and I resent having them always in my face about it. I tried changing my language to "other" to see if that would get rid of it, but then I got teacher suggestions for random languages. You can try complaining to the admins, Peanut, but you will find that the last thing they care about is the users' opinions. The main reason that so many long-time users have left is that the site keeps adding 'features' that suck instead of fixing the existing problems with the site, like the long delays in sending messages. Yesterday it took me more than 10 hours to recieve a message, and a few weeks ago it three days for one of mine to be recieved.

July 30, 2014

Yes, the answer is just dripping with arrogance and contempt, and it's a lie too. Reversing it or making it optional would be trivial, from a programming standpoint. But reversing it would require that they care what you think, and they clearly don't. 

July 31, 2014

wow, even the reply was 80% commercial :(
its a hard-coded change. i dont know much about how to program and even i could do that in no time.

Mr. Supportive, Jul 31 12:16:

Hi Tobias,

This is a change that is part of the site redesign. We apologize for the inconvenience, but this is a hard-coded change to the site and cannot be reversed.

---
Back by Popular Demand - Special Friends Referral Promotion - Give your friends 100ITC (and you get 100ITC too!)
Click here for details: http://go.italki.com/julyreferral

Ivan, italki customer service

--Hurry as this offer only valid during the month of July!--

July 31, 2014

i'm afraid that you are right. and i agree with you, there are already enough popups which guide you to teachers. its fine if someone want to earn money this way and people help each other but this is not necessary. i contacted the support when i started this discussion, so i hope i'll get an answere about it from the dev. thanks for your opinion, i'll add the reply of the dev's to this post if there is anything useful.

July 30, 2014