carlos
Could you suggest me any english book for read this summer? I am an intermediate english student.
Jul 31, 2014 3:10 AM
Comments · 4
Any books by Horation Alger would be good. He was an American author of the 19th Century who wrote many books for juveniles. They are easier to read and usually have an interesting storyline, though written over 100 years ago. You can find a lot of his works for free on Google Books, Gutenberg, etc. Another author in this class might be RM Ballantyne (the Coral Island is a good book).
July 31, 2014
Seconding Adam. What kind of books do you like? I could think of a few books, but I'm not sure about difficulty. Can anyone suggest an equivalent reading level? I quite enjoyed 'The Book Thief' by Markus Zusak, which is 5.1 Grade level according to scholastic ... or is that far too hard?
July 31, 2014
While I am sure those are good literary works (I have not personally read any of them) I think it would be more beneficial for Carlos to read, understand and comprehend a more modern book that is of his interest. :) Carlos - what types of stories do you like?
July 31, 2014

Thanks for your suggestions. I like historical novels, thrillers and books about sports.

July 31, 2014