[Deleted]
What tools do you use for improving your English without living in an English speaking country?

I have studied English for several years.I can understand written and spoken English, but I feel like I can't express my ideas in English, and that my English got rusty. What tools or advice can you give me to improve my English after having studied the grammar of English for a long time?.

Thanks for your suggestions. 

Jul 31, 2014 7:17 AM
Comments · 8

There is no real replacement for meaningful conversations in real time.

If scheduling lessons or exchanges is difficult for you, you might consider applications such as Voicethread (online) and Adobe Voice (iPad).  You can practice recording yourself presenting some topic or story.

July 31, 2014

You can speak and record your voice in 10-15 minutes. Just imagine yourself as being interviewed or giving a short presentation. Make sure to prepare sufficient thematic vocabulary words and relevant main points beforehand.

July 31, 2014

Listen to podcasts and try to make friends or look for social network groups in your city where people speak english, After all I do the same here..

July 31, 2014

Most of those, who mastered the English language without having to study abroad, relayed heavily on listening, in fact I firmly  believe that listening  is by far the most important skill when learning a new language, as you can never verbelize your thoughts in a language you've never heard of, and there are many people around the world whom are unfortunate enought for not knowing how to read or write, yet are more fluent than the average educated person, And I do personally know such people.

July 31, 2014

To express your ideas as proficient as native speakers, you must develop thinking in English. Search it in yahoo.com and you will get a lot of articles about it. Read them and follow the instructions in them. Good luck.

July 31, 2014
Show more