Awais
What do you say about If I start teaching English as a Community Teacher.

Hello everyone, what do you say about my English level, I want to teach basics up to intermediat level for sake of my own improvement, So I want to be a Community Teacher...:)

What do you say about it? Please post your valuable comments wheather its positive or negetive. I don't mind any negetive comments..:)

Thanks

Jul 31, 2014 11:16 AM
Comments · 25

Sorry if you don't like my opinion but some of native English speakers couldn't answer my questions. So, I don't know how could you teach English. Unless you just want to teach A1 or A2 level. 

July 31, 2014

Hi Awais

I commend you for wanting to improve and for wanting to teach what you've learned to others, but I think it's a mistake to try to teach others until you have a stronger command of the language yourself.

My concern would be that you are likely to pass on errors of understanding and usage to your students, without even being aware that you were doing so. Currently you are not in a position to recognise and correct your own errors, let alone those of your students.  

So, in all good faith, by trying to pass on your knowledge you could be doing your students a real disservice. 

I hope I haven't caused offence by this comment, and I wish you great success with your English studies!

July 31, 2014

You should first get Nacir's confirmation. :)

July 31, 2014

Hi Awais,

As far as I'm concerned, it's all good. Just be honest to your students about your own level.

My only real concern is that, by teaching people below your level, you might have less time to improve your own skills.  I've given some of my colleagues English lessons, even though they were at a high level, simply because they were constantly teaching basic English and they felt that they weren't improving themselves.

Either way, good luck.

July 31, 2014

Awais, you would be better teaching Urdu to English speakers. Because the English speaker will  need to know in English, what you are saying in Urdu. So your English skills will be appreaciated.

Personally, I would only hire native speakers of the language to learn from.

Cheers...

August 1, 2014
Show more