Sally
About the way of practicing listening

What are thee best way to practice English listening? I always listen to three times of material at first, and then listen to it with looking the text. And find the difficult words and check them. Finally, I would listen to it again and again .

Aug 3, 2014 6:13 AM
Comments · 6

I agree that you are doing the best you can with listening exersices. If you want to practice even further, I suggest finding a friend (or someone here on italki) to practice speaking and listening skills. They will give better feedback as well!

August 3, 2014

Sally,  that method of study is about as good as you can get.

Also, you can  do web-searches for your key words  and see how the same words are used in other sentences.

August 3, 2014

Watching movies and listening to music (maybe with subtitles) is a really good way to learn any language. you might not understand anything at first but you pick up some words and meanings as you keep going. It's also very entertaining so I enjoy this better than doing exam style listening questions. 

December 21, 2014

it's right way , but listen to something which can understand 80% of it. Something easy for you.

August 3, 2014

Find on You-tube English dayly dictatian   and listening comprehension,  coach Shane

be sure , it will help you much

August 3, 2014
Show more