unique page of example sentences for beginner / pre-int learners
I was looking through my bookmarks and came across this site I had forgotten.
This is a pretty UNIQUE resource for beginner / pre-intermediate students so I'm posting it on italki.
It's a list of common words with a bunch of example sentences / matching audio files. Good for the "listen 5 x / read the sentence, notice the words (count how many words, notice the collocations, etc/ close your eyes and try to recall (speak) the sentence" practice, etc.
[M] [T] It's business.
[M] [T] Business is business.
[M] [T] He's away on business.
[M] [T] I am here on business.
[M] [T] None of your business.
[M] [T] He traveled on business.
[M] [T] It's none of my business!
[M] [T] This is my business address.
[M] [T] He has taken over his father's business.
[M] [T] His business was only a partial success.
[M] [T] It's my business to investigate such things.
[M] [T] My father often goes to America on business.
[M] [T] I'm not yet used to writing business letters.
[M] [T] We will now report on this year's business results.
[M] [T] I canceled my appointment because of urgent business.
[M] [T] Are you seriously thinking about starting your own business?
I am sharing this as much for teachers, too (???) because there are tons of exercises here and the site is free / no sign in required, it's low-tech for people with slow connections, etc.
- What are Muslims' views or attitude toward "women's rights" ?
- Happy Yorkshire Day :)
- Kumusta! Can someone help me to translate in Tagalog, please? It's a matter of vital importance *.*
- New friends Group
- There are a lot of French words prounce like English words, how to remember those words without confusion?
- Any Chinese learners feel Chinese is harder than other Asia languages?
- The college entrance examination Chinese in Russia
- Everyone would likes to be my friend?
- Interesting “round table” programs on Youtube
- half life, half life 2, episode 1, episode 2.