unique page of example sentences for beginner / pre-int learners
I was looking through my bookmarks and came across this site I had forgotten.
This is a pretty UNIQUE resource for beginner / pre-intermediate students so I'm posting it on italki.
It's a list of common words with a bunch of example sentences / matching audio files. Good for the "listen 5 x / read the sentence, notice the words (count how many words, notice the collocations, etc/ close your eyes and try to recall (speak) the sentence" practice, etc.
[M] [T] It's business.
[M] [T] Business is business.
[M] [T] He's away on business.
[M] [T] I am here on business.
[M] [T] None of your business.
[M] [T] He traveled on business.
[M] [T] It's none of my business!
[M] [T] This is my business address.
[M] [T] He has taken over his father's business.
[M] [T] His business was only a partial success.
[M] [T] It's my business to investigate such things.
[M] [T] My father often goes to America on business.
[M] [T] I'm not yet used to writing business letters.
[M] [T] We will now report on this year's business results.
[M] [T] I canceled my appointment because of urgent business.
[M] [T] Are you seriously thinking about starting your own business?
I am sharing this as much for teachers, too (???) because there are tons of exercises here and the site is free / no sign in required, it's low-tech for people with slow connections, etc.
- I have a little bit confuse ...
- English and German to all Syrian.
- Impara l'italiano ,cucinando! modi di dire legati al cibo: AVER L'ACQUOLINA IN BOCCA.
- ¿Qué os gustaría recibir?
- как англичане говорят: "Я решил задачу по математике"
- A real whatsapp or skype group for people who really wanna speak English
- Какую русскую музыку вы любите?
- Please tell me your opinion.
- Oral English
- Advice to Arab speakers - difference between accent, dialect and slang