Tina
international sporting occasions are essential in easing international tensions?

People events like the football World Cup and other international sporting occasions are essential in easing international tensions and releasing patriotic emotions in safe way.

do you agree or disagree?

I don't know how to answer this question....

Aug 13, 2014 7:43 AM
Comments · 9

International sport compaign can be a useful tool to stick their people of the same nation altogether for the time being, on the contrary, their citizens still have to face similar daily stuff for daily life. That is the reason why I consider sports cannot be only too useful method to solace the tension between countries.

September 16, 2014

I'm not sure about that. These occasions may engender goodwill, but surely they also foster that sense of separate identity, of rivalry and nationalism? I suppose I have seen too many images of footballers and their fans kicking hell out of each other!

September 11, 2014

Hi Bazinga:

I  agree with the idea that athletic  competition  can be healthy  and beneficial to a society.

I think one critical distinction    that should be engaged, is to differentiate between  the athlete and the competition of an individual or team,  and the fan  and the spectators.

The fans and spectators are not  the athletes.   Perhaps the  inquiry to be pursued is whether  or not there is a specific benefit  to   mass mindedness.   It may be considered  whether or not our cheering  is a social benefit, or are we merely Mass-Minded?

September 11, 2014

Sport is nothing more than sport as far as I am concerned. It is hard to believe sport can ease or comfort the patrioism in a long term tension of countries. If it is the case, I guess that is short-term efffect which shows in disguse.

September 11, 2014

I am sure competition in sports is far better than competition in war or arms race.

September 17, 2014
Show more