Francesca
Just a light hearted question about coffee

Hi there!

I'm indulging in a good warm black coffee and I'm wondering about a simple thing.

- How much does a cup of coffee cost in your country when you enter a bar? -

Aug 13, 2014 6:18 PM
Comments · 30

I am not an expert on coffee, but I have come to know  a little about types of coffee.

I have learned that I do not like the rough taste of the coffee  from Sumatra.

Starbucks puts  a lot of Sumatran Coffee in its popular  blends. I strongly suspect that

it is a cheaper coffee for Starbucks to buy.  They save money by putting  a less expensive coffee in their blends.  I have seen many coffees sold with Sumatran   blended into it.

I prefer Columbian  when I can get it.  I also like Italian Roasts.

The coffee I buy for my home use daily is a French Roast called   "San Francisco Bay"   made by the "Rogers Family Coffee Company".  It is quite good.

http://www.wisegeek.org/what-are-the-different-types-of-coffee-beans.htm

August 14, 2014

I don't know - a while ago I stopped drinking coffee at coffee shops and only drink it at home. I buy the green beans, roast and grind them at home.

October 25, 2014

Far too much in Australia. It's at least $3.50-$4 to start with, in my city.  I was only yesterday having a conversation about how much markup is added to coffee.

In central Europe I wouldn't ever have paid above 1.50 euro for the same type and size of coffee.

August 14, 2014

I've had <em>kopi luwak</em>. In Australia, it costs about $50 USD per cup. When I was in Jogjakarta (central Indonesia), I realised a nearby cafe was selling it at about $10 USD per cup. So... why not? In the country of its birth, and all that.

However, I've since realised that the <em>luwak</em> (civet) may very well have been caged and force-fed the coffee berries, so that's something else to keep in mind... :/

October 25, 2014

Latte with skimmed milk is £2-3 depending on size in London 

October 25, 2014
Show more