James Iles
Correcions.

Ok, so earlier I had a native say I have errors in one paragraph, one native said I didn't and only one said there was a few mistakes... why do natives sometimes say I have mistakes and then another native says I have none?

Aug 20, 2014 9:26 PM
Comments · 2

I think this is a challenge for all languages here on italki.  The problem with 'peer review' is that some users will be more attentive and informed than others.  If exact corrections are important to you, I recommend contacting a professional Spanish teacher and going over your writing together in a lesson, or negotiating a rate of pay for their corrections.

August 20, 2014

First of all, Spanish is much like English in that there are a lot of native speakers (500 million), with dozens of accents that all seem to think their pronunciation is correct. Whilst Spain has its Real Academia who provide a style guide for writing, so too do many of the othe Spanish speaking states, and there can be quite a few differences. 

Within Spain, the people who seem to speak Castillian the best, are strangely not the people from Castille, but instead the people from Asturias (by collective agreement of everyone in Spain I've ever spoken to), and yet, the Asturians also have their own language. 

I think you should instead settle on a region of Spanish, such as Mexican Spanish, Madrid Spanish, Argentine Spanish etc, and then find a well educated teacher from that area. You would likely progress much faster if you have confidence in your teacher.

August 21, 2014