Site Feedback

How is it perceived by others if you learn a language for no obvious gain?

You have no connection to the country and are not married to someone from that country.

Share:

Comments

Some people think its wierd. But I think its awesome! 

It's not a situation that I see often. Usually my student HAVE a reason, but they are different: family, planned travel, or simply they want to learn something exceptional... And for sure Polish is something like that. Good luck boys.

For gain or reason, because that makes the difference. I think you meant reason.

So it depends how well you are. If you are good they say it is COOL. They can't believe it is possible for outsider to get that good in thier language and some language learners do not conceal that the only aim for them or the only good assesment of their skills is to be taken as native even for a moment. That probably for some learners the only incentive as far as language(s) learning is concerned. 

Some people, when they hear that you know several languages, they think you must be very intelligent. Let's say that then the fact how many languages you know is more interesting to them that reasons why you learn them.

Add a comment