la syou in
what is the popular foreign languages in your country?

in china, the list is
NO.1english of course
NO.2japanese(日本語)many anime fans are studying japanese
NO.3korean(한국어)because of hallyu (korean wave)
NO.4french(français)
NO.5german(Deutsch)
NO.6spanish(Español)
NO.7russian(русский) once the most popular foreign language in the 1950s
italian(italiano)thai(ภาษาไทย)portuguese(português)arabic(العربية)are less popular than above languages. what about your country?

Aug 21, 2014 2:27 PM
Comments · 10

none!

:P

No but seriously, people in france are not keen on learning languages but I would say some speak those:

Spanish/Italian. A lot of French are descendants of immigrants from those two countries, and the languages are similar (so are the cultures)

Arabic (but it is much better to say Arabic Dialects of northern africa) same as spanish/italian, immigrants, and commerce (french people learn it for commerce) culture/history too, we have a great university of Arabic studies.

English: Not very popular, there is still some "anti English stereotypes" jokes...etc people learn in but not well, and few use it.

IMHO of course :)

August 21, 2014

I do not know how to define a list, but I guess it would be, for the Netherlands:

1.English

2.German

3.French

4.Spanish

August 21, 2014

Australia doesn't have an official language. The most commonly spoken languages, here, in order of most commonly spoken, are:

English,

Mandarin,

Italian,

Arabic,

Cantonese,

Greek

This reflects immigration policy, rather than language policy. Under Kevin Rudd, former PM, there was a push to incorporate more Asian languages into schools and university. However, the current regime is not so enlightened on these (and most other) matters.

August 22, 2014

In the United States, these are the most popular to learn. 

1. Spanish

2. French

3. German

4. Chinese

5. Japanese

August 21, 2014
maybe easy for chinese becaue of Kanji
April 26, 2016
Show more