[Deleted]
How does the approach to learning English as a second language in China differ from other countries?

For example: In the USA, we don't tend to focus to heavily on spoken or practical Spanish we can use with actual spanish speaking people, whereas in China its very important to be able to communicate verbally with a foreigner. Why is this so, and what does it say about both nations?

ILEED English Education http://ileed2014.wix.com/ileed

Aug 23, 2014 8:13 AM
Comments · 4

Nice to meet you too. I am just from the country you mention -China, haha!

Awesome, you know so many languages.

August 23, 2014

Nice to meet you as well. What part of China are you from?

August 28, 2014

I sometimes think the Spanish classes I used to take in High School would have been much more engaging if there was an actual emphasis on meeting Spanish people, and using the language actively. Everyone in china is very worried about learning "oral" English, and I think there is something to be said about that.

Where are you from Daisy? Nice to meet you.

August 23, 2014

well, good topic. actually some of the educators said that if the guy doesn't need to use engllish all his whole life,why bother to learn and take the language exam. a few school are now trying to stop this language class.

but...if your work in this language environment, you know the language is very important...

August 23, 2014