James Iles
Is one ever satisfied with a foreign language?

There's always more to learn and a way to be better... etc etc ... how can I be satisfied? =[ 

Anyone else feel the same way?  

Aug 23, 2014 6:40 PM
Comments · 5

Maybe enjoy the learning - enjoy the journey rather than always waiting to arrive, as you may never get there!  Have fun!

August 23, 2014

I would be satisfied if I would feel confident in conversations/writings and people would understand what I saw.  I have not find the better way of learning that fits me, yet. Sometimes I am bored of trying and sometimes I have that power that allows me go on. I would like to have a constant motivation of doing something or not to have negative emotions that stopping me doing anything.

August 25, 2014

James, are you referring to your Spanish? You have highlighted all the bars in Spanish on your profile. What do you think is still missing in your Spanish? 

I don't have all my bars there yet. I still have a great deal of vocabulary to learn in Spanish in order to have an adult vocabulary. I still have concrete goals that I'm working towards. At this point you might not have any more goals???

You're still a beginner in your other languages, like I am. When you're a beginner, of course you aren't satisfied. :D 

I guess for me I started to learn Mandarin so that I could feel a little more relaxed and satisfied and proud of what I've already done in Spanish. Considering that I'm STILL learning vocabulary in English when I read, there is no end point in any modern language, but if you can read any book in Spanish without going to a dictionary often, watch movies and TV and hold conversations fluidly, without making too many grammatical mistakes and others understand you well, then I think you can give yourself a good pat on the back.... because you deserve it! 

August 25, 2014

James man... started learning Spanish... and was doing so well in it... then felt empty wanting to know more... then longed for Hindi which is by far the most difficult language currently learning... 

Now wanna learn Afrikaans l0l... which is not a foreign language... taking it back home l0l... 

I wonder who can teach me FRENCH... Hmmm l0l... ofcourse that will be after I'm done with Portugues l0l...

Hahaha

August 23, 2014

It never ends. :(

August 23, 2014