Site Feedback

Unlimited Characters...

It just me or Italki has limited the number of characters that you can type in a message ? I was a bout to send a message and this comes out "Please enter between 10 and 2000 characters" If so, I think this is going in a wrong way. Don't you think so ?

Share:

Comments

Yes Nelson, Italki has a limit on the number of characters.

It means that we have to be careful about leaving

....too much space between paragraphs (like this)   and so forth.

It means that we sometimes  have to (continue)   our  messages in  second  post.

Sometimes, I need as many as 3 posts to complete   a  message in response to a question or topic.

If you find you have the message about the 2000 character limit,  just  copy the bottom several paragraphs on your message  (thus saving them) and use the  "cut" or "delete" function and paste in in an Answer  as a continuation  of your message.

This limitations sound fair. It stops members from far too little (one-word answers) and far too much. I'm not sure how many characters you think would be fair. Any suggestions?

Also, it's true that the best workaround is to post your longer comments in several parts, if you think it's necessary.

I happen to like the wake-up call that I've waffled on too much.

Thank you Bruce! That's a nice tip I haven't thought. But your'e talking about post and comments or Am I wrong ? and I mean to inbox messages, This had never happened to me before.

Thank you Peachey! But as I was saying to Bruce. I was talking about  inbox messages I had never had that character problem before even when I have written a long message with a considarable space between each paragraph. I totally agree with you on having an unlimited in our posts or answers but not on inbox messages.

Add a comment