Site Feedback

What are some of the classic French books or stories that I should read, once I learn French?

What are some of the classic French books or stories that I should read, once I learn French?

Share:

Comments

Aurélia by Gérard de Nerval. Candide by Voltaire. But you should have a good level to understand it.

Thanks I am hoping to get an English version and read this first then get a French version. I think it will help me to understand French and enjoy it

It would be good too, to know why these would be good to read and what you like about them.

Yep there is a version English for candide and also film.[Candide] Voltaire criticizes the philosophy of optimism in a way ironic. I liked his writing style.

Aurélia is an amazing novel. Gérard talks about a woman that he loves by unique words. First you should read his Bio.

Thanks XRIZz, having a film version will also help me. I reallylove reading and watching films. I will also look at the bios and anything related to any classcs. I will just choose one book though and film :)

Any other ideas? :)

Merci Maurine :) 

Add a comment