Tiletha Melendez
Korean food for toddlers

I wanted to know what is a good dish to give to a one year old? Most Korean food either spicy or have seafood in it. 

Aug 25, 2014 4:36 PM
Comments · 4

You can never go wrong with rice (Black rice, Jasmine rice). For meat, you can chop up chicken bulgogi. Also bibimbap should be good without the sauce. There are several soups, but I doubt the baby will sit long enought for those, my nieces and nephews don't. You can try jjajangmyeon (korean noodles in black bean sauce) my personal fav. It's slightly sweet, as long as you don't mind the color you will be okay. Lastly you can try Yaki Mandoo dumplings, these will most likey be a hit with the baby because he/she can easily pick it up to eat. Hope this helps :) yum yum.

August 29, 2014

You can never go wrong with rice (Black rice, Jasmine rice). For meat, you can chopped up chicken bulgogi. Also bibimbap should be good without sauce. There are several soups, but I doubt the baby will sit long enought for those, my nieces and nephews don't. You can try jjajangmyeon (korean noodles in black bean sauce) my personal fav. It's slightly sweet, as long as you don't mind the color you will be okay. Lastly you can try Yaki Mandoo dumplings, these will most likey be a hit with the baby because he/she can easily pick it up to eat. Hope this helps :) yum yum.

August 29, 2014

We usually give toddlers rice & vegetable porridge of which Korean name is 죽.

I don't know exactly what the American title, but it seems to me that it is a 'risotto' 

It is very healthy for babies and they usually like to eat it.

Actually I haven't fed them, but I saw a lot giving it to my niece :D

August 26, 2014

Bibimbap with out the spices,

Korean cookies (I don't know their name but they are small, soft, and shaped like flowers)

Various crackers, ext...

August 25, 2014