Ирина
What's the difference?

¡Hola!

I just started to learn Spanish, and I knew that when you make meeting you can use 'encantada' and 'un placer conocerte'. Is there difference between this expressions and what is better to use and when? Thanks

Aug 27, 2014 3:19 PM
Comments · 20

Yes, in Spain you can also say "mucho gusto" but it is formal. Un "placer conocerle" is even more formal and a bit old fashioned. Encantado/a is the most common way, to greet someone and can be formal or informal. (Well, young people would just say "Hola" lol).

August 30, 2014

I think encantada is used more when you first meet someone and un placer conocerte is used when the first meeting ends.

I'm not fluent in Spanish but I have used both and had no funny looks from people when saying it.

I hope that helps you from a foreigner's perspective.

August 27, 2014

Victor, you are wrong about "leísmo". You are making a mistake called "loísmo" because would be "conocerle/la" the correct word. This mistake is especially common in Madrid (España).

July 1, 2015

Hola!

Puedes usar:

Encantada!

Un placer conocerte!

Me encantó conocerte!

Me gustó conocerte!

Cualquiera esta bien, todas son perfectamente válidas. Quizás son un poco formales

Si buscas algo más informal o casual puedes decir

Disfrute hablando contigo!

Pase un buen rato contigo!

August 27, 2014
Hola. “Encantada” es más coloquial. “Un placer conocerle” se usa en un ambiente más serio como podría ser de negocios por ejemplo.
October 27, 2019
Show more