Sorry if I made mistakes in my English :)

Like many other people, I can find out and make friend with native speakers easily. But it still havent been effective. because there are no interaction betwin us I think. And I realized I dont really help other learners accepting for correcting their mistakes and chatting.

If anyone has a good idea in language learning, let share it!

Aug 28, 2014 4:03 PM
Comments · 1

Hi Lò !

As you have said, without interaction it will be impossible to learn a language. The tips that I can give you are the ones that you might already know. You have to immerse yourself in that native language for long periods. Example, if I wanted to learn Vietnamese, I would only watch Vietnamese programs, read Vietnamese books, listen to Vietnamese music…you get the idea. In addition, I would challenge myself by speaking Vietnamese only. Your brain is an incredible machine and to program it takes little effort. Another suggestion is setting a schedule for yourself such as learning vocabulary one week, grammar the second week, conversation the third week and such.

I can tell you that before I ever took a Spanish class, I could read Spanish without any problems due to friends and environment. I may not know what I am reading but I can grasp the subject and certain vocabulary words stand out to me. In fact, I can recall many instances where I had dinner with numerous Spanish friends and no one spoke English. I was forced to pay attention and interact. I also went to Spanish dances, birthday parties, concerts...anything that would improve my skills.

The most important advice I can give you Lò is to never give up. As with most things, if you do not use it you lose it. *You can do it, be encouraged*

August 29, 2014