Farshad
What is job satisfaction?
Aug 28, 2014 5:38 PM
Comments · 2

After working most of my life, I can summarize your question quickly. Job satisfaction is finding happiness in your career and loving what you do regardless of the financial gain or loss. It is waking up every day with a purpose, creating new dreams and accomplishing old ones. Most of all, job satisfaction is having a job that enhances your life instead of draining it.

August 28, 2014

Job satisfaction - is the amount of content feelings one has for their job.

Intrinsic job satisfaction is when workers consider only the kind of work they do, the tasks that make up the job.
Extrinsic job satisfaction is when workers consider the conditions of work, such as their pay, coworkers, and supervisor.

These two types of satisfaction are different, and it helps to look at jobs from both points of view. For example, if you are dissatisfied with your current job, ask yourself, "To what extent is it due to the kind of work I am doing?" and "To what extent is it due to the conditions of my work?" If it is primarily the kind of work you are doing, it is intrinsic job dissatisfaction. This calls for a different solution, than if your dissatisfaction is extrinsic in nature.

And, second, you want to recognize that job satisfaction is influenced by job expectations -- what people look for or require from a job such as job security, pay, prestige, or independence. And, that some people have higher expectations for work than others. What expectations do you have for your work? How strong are they?

http://www.careerkey.org/choose-a-career/job-satisfaction.html#.U_9qWqMfKvk

August 28, 2014