Sergio
Qualifications vs Contacts

Hello!

I'd like to discuss in English or Spanish about this topic, what do you think is more important in time looking for a job, to have a good qualifications or contacts?

I think both are important, however, you can improve your contacts during all your career, but it is very difficult to improve your skills after leaving university.

I'm looking forward to hearing your opinions!

Aug 29, 2014 4:24 PM
Comments · 4

Maybe the qualifications because if your contact get boring of you or if he change work, no one ensures your position in the work :) If is by the qualifications it's because you deserve that job. Who get jobs by contacts in almost of situations get fire.

August 29, 2014

I agree that depends on the job. Somo jobs contacts are quite useful and it is necessary to be very well qualified. But even in that kind of jobs, as doctor or engineering, you will probably be more exitful if your parents are doctor and engineering.

August 29, 2014

I think it depends on the job. 

Some jobs enable you to gain certain practice/experiences and thus certain qualifications (ie jobs in the medical field) where as some jobs its just better to have contacts and connections (ie retail or realestate)

August 29, 2014

Contacts, 'cause the best way to improve your language is training (chatting/talking), for sure, the qualifications are good, but don't forget you have it because you help others (Answers, Discussions, Correcting, etc).

August 29, 2014