Kevin Guzman
My English is basic :/ and I would start reading English books, what books do you recommend?
Aug 30, 2014 10:49 PM
Comments · 19

Depending upon your level in English reading, you can start with the Penguin Graded reader series.  They are books that have been simplified from the orginial, but still give the basic plot. Move up through the series until you get to the highest level, and then start with shorter chapter books.  Always choose books that are on the subject that you like.  Good luck! 

August 31, 2014

Kevin, we are reading one of the books Mike suggested together in English and Spanish here at Italki in a group. 

Kevin, estamos leyendo uno de los libros Mike te sugerido aquí en una discusión de Italki. Opinamos en español y en inglés ... lo que quieras. Es muy divertido leer juntos. Por favor, si quieras, ¡unete con nosotros! Puedes leer el principo parte rápidamente en español... es corto... y entonces empezar el parte 2 en inglés. Vamos muy lento. La escritura no es tan difícil y te ayudarémos.

http://www.italki.com/discussion/78711

August 31, 2014

It could be harry potter and the philosopher's stone, it was easy to read (to me, cause I read it before in spanish) =)

August 31, 2014

If you like children's books, what about <em>Winnie-the-Pooh</em>?

<em>“It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?"” (c)</em>

August 30, 2014

Great joke, Sam! Kevin will probably be a lecturer of English by the time he finishes.

September 3, 2014
Show more