Dorothy
Let's write a story together in English.........

My friend Antonio, who is a Spanish teacher here, is doing this with Spanish and it's great fun! He suggested that I start a similar story creation discussion so that we could write a story in English too. 

How it works is that you write a sentence in English and I will correct it for you. Everyone takes turns adding a sentence to the story. Please try to keep things simple. 

Don't worry if your English isn't good. That's what I'm here for! I will figure out what you wanted to write or ask you questions until I figure it out, so no matter what your level or where you're from, you are welcome to come and try writing something in English to add to the story. 

This is for you to LEARN English, so please, don't be shy. Antonio has shown me that this is a great way to practice and learn a language. 

Sep 2, 2014 1:18 AM
Comments · 63

soooooo   I satrt!

Peter was born with long legs. The people always said to him that is because he should be a runner but from inside his heart he knew that was because he want travel around the world. Make a world tour.

***** THANKS, next please? 

September 2, 2014

This is what we have so far. I love it! :D

Peter was born with long legs. People always had said to him that it was because he should become a runner, but in his heart he knew that it was because he should travel around the world; to make a grand tour.

He was living in London, working as an IT employer. He had a nickname given to him by his colleagues, "Chip" because he loved eating chips and also because french fries reminded them of the shape of his long legs.

One day, while he was working on his last project for the day, he received a phone call. The nickname originally came from one his oldest friends John, who was a friend from elementary school. John was living in another country now and he got Peter's contact information from another friend, so John called Peter to say hello and catch up with him.

The call reminded Peter of the dream that was buried deep in his heart -- that he wanted to travel around around the world. Now, at age 36 he......

September 2, 2014

Great idea, I already know it because we have a game in Italy that plays in the same way.

I'm going to go on with Naharror's sentence...

"Peter was born with long legs. The people always said to him that is because he should be a runner but from inside his heart he knew that was because he should travel all around the world. Make a world tour.

He was living in London working as an IT employer. He also had a nickname, given from his colleagues, which was "Chip". Just because he loved eating chips and also because french fries recalled the shape of his long legs. 

One day, while he was working to his last project, he received a phone call...

September 2, 2014

Max, I do not have ability right now to continue correcting, so I would like to end the story there. 

You all of course can continue the story if you like, but I won't be able to correct you. 

September 23, 2014

After a sleepless night, Peter got up very early, got himself fixed up with a nice suit and good looking hair style. He went to a flower shop to buy some roses, the flower shopkeeper wished him the best and then he went to see Maria.

After knocking on Maria's door a few times Peter found that Maria was not in the room. He went to ask the hotel owner and the owner told him "The girl called Maria left very early time in the morning." Peter asked the owner, "Did she leave a message to me?". Owner said, "No."

Peter broke down and cried because of Maria's leaving without saying good bye. 

September 10, 2014
Show more