Paula
Has technology changed the way you learn?

The technology changes the way to learn, not just the languages, it changes all the relation with the education and the knowledge, the acces to materials for classes and the tools for a great experience to learning.

Sep 2, 2014 4:39 AM
Comments · 7

I agree but the problem is that you must be able to choose necessary information to work out. Its important to plan your studying activity  and to pay attention on the information you need. 

September 2, 2014

I agree this topic  technology changed the way our learn but I don't understand something for example Newton found gravity but there was no technology How did do it ?  and at that time technology zero according to the present well which one is the bigger ?  Steve Jobs with technology or Newton with non technology ?

September 2, 2014

It certainly makes things easier by giving us a wide variety of resources and making it more accessible. In the specific case of languages, it changes the whole "classroom" approach and replaces it with a more focused "individual-oriented" method. It is specially a great tool for people that learn on their own because it provides them with a structure and an endless list of learning materials. 

September 2, 2014

Although technology is extremely valuable in giving us access to more information than we could possibly need, we should remember who's in charge -- we are. Now that information is freely available, it's more important than ever to evaluate, choose and process information. Unfortunately, traditional schooling continues teaching nothing more than memorizing useless information and regurgitating it for a test -- after which it's promptly forgotten. Smart phones, and not-so-smart citizens. As far as languages, people were learning them long before technology, and I've seen too many learners getting caught up in using electronic flashcards to learn 10000 words, most of which they'll never use, and none of which they can pronounce correctly or use in a sentence. On the other hand, someone who knows how to take advantage of the technology in an intelligent manner has limitless opportunity.

September 2, 2014

Technology definitely changed the way we learn.

September 2, 2014
Show more