Sergio
best country to improve English

I'd like to study abroad few month when I finish my studies. I know there are many countries where I could improve my English. As I am from Spain I know better about Malta and UK, because there are close to my home. However, I'm not sure that countries are the best choises to study English. I mean that I don't only need a contry where people speak English, but also people there is friendly and most important, they aren't too polite so they can correct my mistakes.

I've talked with people in English, but when I made a mistake they didn't correct me, I guess it is because they don't want to interrupt me, however, I really need it.

So, if you've ever studied abroad you could tell some experiences. Thanks!

Sep 2, 2014 6:41 PM
Comments · 5

Hi! I went to Dublin this summer but there were a lot of Spanish people, so I couldn't improve my English. In the streets, you could heard to Spanish people, everybody was from Spain in the academy, in the student residences everyone speaks Spanish because there were a lot of Brazilian people too. However, the Irish people are more friendly than England people. They help students when they see that someone is lost or needs help although students hadn't asked help before.
When someone saw me that I was looking my map, asked me if I needed help. Also, one day I didn't find the bus stop and a Irish man accompanied me for finding it.
You can go to a small town from Ireland, where there aren't Spanish people.
In UK or Malta, there are a lot of Spanish people too.
Although you think that you won't meet with Spanish people, you will finish being with them.

September 2, 2014

Try the Philippines! It's a lot cheaper than going to the USA, Australia, etc and our top universities are known for having good English programs :) 

September 9, 2014

I'm glad you had a good experience in Irland last summer, I really would like to go to study abroad next summer. However I prefer to live with a family to student residence and go classes.

Christine, where in Canada is cost of living cheaper?

September 2, 2014

Come to Canada. It is friendly and the cost of living is not too high depending where you go. 

September 2, 2014

I've been told that Australia is a good place to study English. The student visa allows you to work there. 

September 2, 2014