[Deleted]
the best method for learning any language is ..........

I believe that the best way for learning any language is by listening . Experts from this website www.learnrealenglish.com says the best way is learning the language like a child , children learn the language by listening for at least two years , and then they start to speak automatically without any thinking of grammar rules and all these stuff , and of course Adults can do it better than children .

YOU , what do you think ?

Sep 4, 2014 12:38 AM
Comments · 13

I simply think that it is not true. 

The listening is an important part of a linguistic learning process, that's an evidence.

But it is an illusion to believe that an adult would be able to acquire a language like a child: quickly, with no effort and just listening native people's speeches. "Automatically" in one word.

If a site makes this kind of promises, I would see nothing more than a dishonest advertising slogan and I'd advise to leave the page soon.

Something like those "nutritionists" assuring people they'll lose weight and get a perfect shape in two months with no sacrifice ... Does anyone believe them yet?

September 4, 2014

I'm agree with the others, who wrote that listening is just a part of the learning process. But.. it also depends on the language you learn. It's not so easy. I think this method may work with similar languages. If you already know Italian, you can learn Spanish or Portuguese this way. But try to listen, let's say, chinese for a while. I wonder if you will ever understand anything.

September 30, 2014

Children do have an advantage in an immersive environment which is why they learn quickly. They don't do boring exercises, suffer from the pressure of tests in the same way most adults do in the foreign language classroom. However, if an adult has the opportunity to be in an immersive environment and has the motivation - I think they can do just as well.

Even though I'm not a child anymore I want to try to imitate a child-like immersion environment just for fun! Well, I'll have more time constraints but who says you can't dream? :D

October 1, 2014

I cannot agree with Bruce more

Listening is a very important part of learning a new lanugage, yet, it is not all to master a language far and away. Aside from listening, you still use your memorization, comprehension, reading and speaking to consolidate your listening. Keep in mind that you are not a child any more and even a child has to master a language at least several years in a total advantageous language environment.

My humble opinion from my experience

October 1, 2014

Anyone  can   indicate that Listening is the essential method for learning a language; but the observation is so elementary and self-evident  as to be redundent as information. That's like saying voting is essential to democracy. Everybody knows it already.

September 30, 2014
Show more