M.K.
Professional Teacher
The triple focus: inner, other and outer

Goleman and Senge (in "The Triple Focus: A New Approach to Education") argue that the response lies in developing three crucial skill sets: focusing on ourselves (self awareness), tuning into other people (empathy and caring), and understanding the larger world (systems thinking). This is the triple focus: inner, other and outer. Evidence tells us that these skills work in sync: stimulating one will also develop the others. Together they are a powerful predictor of academic success and personal wellbeing.

Sep 5, 2014 8:49 PM
Comments · 6

It is so sophisticated. Life is much simpler. Today when in my country a war is going I am trying don't see very deep. I should enjoy  the each day :)

November 22, 2014

Dear Aegis, I am so sorry, I don't like this style of humor, but thanks for your comment. The discussion was about one paragraph from the book (also, I think I added refernece -  "The Triple Focus: A New Approach to Education" Goleman and Senge).  So, what would you say about "...response lies in developing three crucial skill sets: focusing on ourselves (self awareness), tuning into other people (empathy and caring), and understanding the larger world (systems thinking)...." (Daniel Goleman & Peter Senge, 2014)? 

April 12, 2015

@M.K - What's your point? Are you really a native English speaker like you claim, because this looks like a cut-and-paste. What do you mean by "the response"?

April 12, 2015

I am curious to know how have they defined the third skill set (systems thinking) because that will vary/change depending upon place, region,society etc.

April 11, 2015

There was no humor intended in my post. Now I know that you want to discuss a paragraph of a book - thanks for finally clarifying that. But you still haven't said what they mean by "the response" in your op. If you are going to quote something, include enough context so people know what is being discussed. The response to what?

Why are you claiming to be a native English speaker?

April 12, 2015
Show more