Malak
can i learn new language without a teacher ? and if yes how can i ?
Sep 6, 2014 12:47 AM
Comments · 5

I think it is possible. I think using a good book for learning the language and some language partners is a great way to learn. You can learn the basics of the language from the book and put it into practice by talking with people.

I would recommend you try to use Skype or something similar for verbal communication, because it can be much more difficult than reading and writing. If you do chat with people, you should be specific and let them know if you want to be corrected when you make mistakes, because many people find it rude to constantly correct when they understood you.

That's how I began studying languages, and I liked it. I think, in some ways, it was better than a class and a teacher because I could learn at my own speed. I will say that I'm not fluent in either language I've studied, but I have a good start! Good luck with your studies!

September 6, 2014

I learned English without a teacher. Although I did have a teacher, I believe that it was my own work. (Lineage 2, actually ahaha)

I'm also learning French by myself, and I COULD continue learning Russian on my own, but I hesitate doing that. My Russian teacher did not teach me anything in 6 years at school. I once decided to pick up a textbook and gained more knowledge in just a few months than in those 6 years together.

Personally, I find it more difficult to learn a language if I HAVE TO learn it, not if I want to learn it.

November 13, 2014

I think you can, there are a lot of people on record that have been able to learn a language within 6 months. I think it just takes a lot of dedication and willing to learn.. you can't slack off or let yourself forget things..
There is a teenager in America who can speak over 20 languages and he is basically self taught (it's a hobby for him). After watching and reading things about him/from him. The things he reccommends is emmersing yourself in the grammar etc first, so you can move forward to more complex things, and watch shows/movies from the country so you can grasp the way they talk and the accent.. also try and speak to as many people as possible. even if you make a fool of yourself, they will correct you and you will learn from it. 
A good book will also help. it's nice to have one at hand, but online there is so much avaliable as well. There are awesome people on here that will link you to things and help out :)
Just believe that you can do it, and you will be able to!
hope it works out! (: 

September 15, 2014

To learn a new languge by your own is not impossible, but is to hard.

the qualified teacher make the process mote organized and run smoothly.

But a site like this is very helpful.

By the way, I am trying to find a partner to learn Turkish.

A help please!

November 13, 2014

türkçe için yardım edebilirim ;)

September 13, 2014