[Deleted]
What's your way to learn new words ?

What's your way to learn new words ?

Lets share together,

Correct me plz . . . IRCAU

Sep 7, 2014 3:40 PM
Comments · 10

<em>most of all I remember new words from context when I read  books or watch movies. I sing songs  learning new words this way.  Also I use method of associations. </em>

September 8, 2014

passive learning: reading helps a lot

active learning: repeat a lot and make connections with other words from other languages

I try to mix these methods. In the beginning the reading part doesn`t work out too well ( in my case), so it is rather demotivating. But once you`ve learned enough words with the active method, reading books will increase your vocabulary in no time because the brain makes connections without you even noticing it!

September 7, 2014

watching educational TV series.

September 7, 2014

When I read Spanish articles I create a spreadsheet for all words that I don't know including the English translations.  Then I create a set of flashcards for the set of new words.  I've found that just reviewing flashcards doesn't work so what I do is to look at the word in Spanish on the flashcard and create a sentence with the word in Google translate.  I'll see the English for the sentence as I type it and in that way I'll associate the new word with some context, I'll learn how to use the word in a sentence & it sticks in my head.  I typically use groups of about 30 words at a time so it takes a bit of time.  Once I've done that a few times I'll just review the flashcards & usually I'll know all of the words immediately.

September 7, 2014

watching my favorite english TV series with subtitles in english

for example Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. :)

September 16, 2014
Show more