Farshad
What is the main reason that everbody gets nervous about speaking publicly?

Everyone gets nervous about speaking publicly.Infact,most people list public speaking as one of their biggest fears in life,even people who do it professionally.You have probably seen speeches made by people who do it on a regular basis,such as politicians,and thought that they were perfectly poised and not the least bit nervous.But if you were to ask those people if they have been nervous beforehand,they would immediately assure you that they havd exprienced all the butterflies and jitters that you're feeling about your upcoming speech.

Sep 9, 2014 1:00 PM
Comments · 1

I guess it`s not about not being afraid of it but about overwhelming this fear.

I think a lot of people are somehow fearful and having butterflies can be missunderstood in my opinion. It might as well be a sign of being afraid :P. I think the fact that many people are afraid of it is that they`ve had a bad experience and thus to it n ot keep practicing it. Sometimes not a bad experience is the problem but lets call it apprehension towards what other people might think of yourself. I don`t think that`s bad. It is a sign for sympathy and caring for other people but in an exaggerate way it might be bad for a presentation.

I mean I am also the biggest coward but it gets better if you do it a lot of times. At least you`ll learn that no one will eat you alive lol. It is a little bit more important in policy because it`s about the well being of a country but these politicians (in a perfect world :P) believe in what they do or they believe in their lies if you want to lol. They want to present their ideas, they want to convince a lot of people. And this thought usually makes you a lot more fearless. You can search for such a motivation in any oral presentation (no matter politician or not).

September 9, 2014