Eka
how to start enjoychat with foreigner?

I have met some foreigners, but I don't know how to communicate with them. So, I just quiet and finally I regret because I lose my chance. Would you mind to give me some advice?

Sep 10, 2014 3:17 AM
Comments · 7

I think the key is to find a language partner that is learning your native language and knows the language you want to learn.  I know that seems obvious but I think some people overlook the obvious.  So if you're talking to an English speaking person & you're too shy to use much English, they can simply dominate the conversation with practice in Indonesian.  You'll be comfortable, they'll get much needed practice with a native speaker & you won't feel like you're wasting their time.  As you get more comfortable you'll speak more English & they'll be more likely to help you and be patient as you will have already spent time helping them.

September 16, 2014

The last but not least, you had better look for some people who share the similar target and equivalent level in English. That would be great for your learning anyway.

September 11, 2014

Hi Eka,

my advice:

Talk and ask about what you are really really interested in. I found it to be very enjoyable. Also, in my experience, people like to speak about themselves, abut their experience, opinions, what they think, what they like and do not like...

If you like, we can have a chat via Skype. I ask nothing in return, because it will be my pleasure to get you know as well as to know more about your country, culture, life style. If you are interested in, just send me a private message.

September 10, 2014

Acknowledge is the first work you can do with foreigners which can be a start to learn a new language. After that, you can set a topic to speak , to discuss or converse in face of a language partner. Whatever, just open your mouth to start your amazing journey to speak to foreigners. Nothing to worry as long as you are sincere to make friends with others (not confined to foreigner) .

You may click me and we have an online English conference to practice Enlgish easily and leisurely.

September 10, 2014

Try to ask him/her to do some simple conversation such as you can ask him/her from, name etc. And tell to him/her that you want to improve your conversation skills ^^ Good luck :)

September 10, 2014
Show more