Alec Huntley
Ciao world :)

Ciao! My name is Alec and I am currently teaching myself the beautiful language of Italian. I am using a program called Living Language, along with internet resources to help myself learn. I have a dream to be a hyperpolyglot (someone who knows more than 10 languages). I want to get a degree from a university that studies languages and linguistics. Languages and cultures are my passion. I want to live abroad teaching foreign languages and to be an interpreter/translator all over the world to different people. With all the conflict in different parts of the world, I feel that the way to help enable peace is to share languages. English is great and all, but there is someting special about speaking another language in the country it belongs too. The world needs to connect and understand the differences and similarities, I believe Language, openess, and understanding is the answer. I have a very open mind set and I love every culture! So there is a little introduction about me, Alec. :)

Arriverderci! 

Sep 10, 2014 3:35 PM
Comments · 4

In bocca al lupo

September 10, 2014

May I correct you? Your english is perfect but "someting" > something

Else, I totally agree with you, the world could be better if we all understand ourselves but it's not only a language matter but also with open mind. The words are poor for our minds. We need to choose them carefully.

Else, why posting your text in the Italian section if there is only one italian word? :)
Vorresti praticare l'italiano? Non è la mia lingua madre ma li parlo bene, anche se faccio errore :)

September 10, 2014

Don't worry you will be fine with Italian. Your projects for the future sound great. Best of luck ! I can't spare you a lot of time but if you need help about something specific let  me know.

September 10, 2014

Well the "something" error was just a typing error. I am a native English speaker. Thank you though :)

I also am posting this in Italian section because I am a BEGINNER in Italian and I am trying to find Italian speakers to help me because I only know some Italian vocabulary.

When I have the option to write the discussion it says "This discussion is for learning" and I put Italian because it is the language I am currently learning. It then gave me the option to put that this discussion is written in English.

I know I need to practice my Italian, but its very difficult if I have yet to learn how to write in the Italian sentence structure. 

September 10, 2014