Eman
Becoming elder .

Every year passed we lose one year of our ages .

- what is the influences of becoming elder on your personality or on your whole life ?

(Another way question) : what is the psychological effects of becoming elder ?

- correct me please, Thanks .

Sep 11, 2014 4:35 PM
Comments · 5

I'm becoming more grumpy ;)

November 22, 2014

Hi guys, i'm new here in Italki nice to meet you all. As I get older I'm learning a lot of things and it has made me of who I am now. Life has a lot to offer us,cheers

November 22, 2014

I don't see it as losing a year of my age...its more like adding another year, gaining more experience, become more mature, learning more and getting a chance to go through more adventures... at the end getting older is nothing but a ticking clock...ur accomplishments and the positive changes u make will tell more about it.. :) grow up get old and enjoy each period of ur life... :) its a bless

November 22, 2014

Re to Q1:

Frankly speaking, age doesnt' change me that alot, the experience does. I did get older and my attitude and thinking stayed the same. It was really frustrating.

Re to Q2:

Depression and obsession. Some people turn their depression into obsession like getting plastic surgery, botox injection and so on. However, some people embrace it as part of the life and blessing.

November 22, 2014

Hello Eman:  Here are a few thoughts

From the teenage years up to about the age of 28,  people have 2 conflicts.

One is the issue of whether or not a God exists. The other is the option  taken

( if it is decided that God Does Not Exist) to entertain  thoughts of suicide to end all suffering.

[See Hamlet's   "soliloquy"    in  William Shakespeare's "Hamlet"]

I do not know if I could write with clarity about much else concerning stages of development.

I know that there are some metaphysical  writings about human development in cycles of seven years,  but I am not so knowledgeable about that.  I know that there is something written about  a  40 year cycle.

In medical science,   a  dim picture of human beings  is depicted. If you pay heed to that model, about all you learn is that the human "machine" or "robot vehicle"  starts to break down and diminish in every faculty.   I have not actually seen this proven to be the case,  as some Elders  demonstrate  keen mental faculties.

I think it save to say that some part of humanity,  perhaps most of it,  never does develop the faculty of mind and thought.  The modern  assault upon the Mind/Body Dichotomy and the advent of purely materialistic thinking  and the failure of Science to discover  a  Self in human anatomy   has lead to a  reather   bleak and nihilistic undersanding about what a human is and can do.

Have you learned anything of interest Eman?

November 22, 2014