James Iles
How to improve my Russian?

Seems that Russian is more difficult than spanish... how can I improve my Russian without living in Russia?

Thanks. 

Sep 12, 2014 1:47 PM
Comments · 4

Watch Russian serials. Sherlock Holmes for example

September 12, 2014

At first i would focus on passive language skills like reading and listening, with paying little attention to active skills. For example you can take some authentic text realted to your personal interests (or any video) and begin to decipher it sentence by sentence. Lexical an grammatical units drilling can be arranged in many different ways, here you need to pick up the most comfortable for yourself (for example flashcards). After some time you will have some passive vocabulary which you only need to activate during practicing with native speakers (this is the second stage which require not so much time as the first one, but little bit harder to arrange). Of course native like level could only be achieved after long stay in the language environment. I will gladly help you with Russian, let me know if you are interested.

October 1, 2014

Elizabeth In my case I'm accustomed to watch the things in original language so if I watch anything with non-original voice I can't watch. Sherlock Holmes when I watched was in English. But like in all language if we watch movies (with subtitules in our native language), speak with the natives, watch series (with subtitules in our native language), listenning musics etc is always a good way to improve.

September 29, 2014

Я хочу выучить русский язык.
Я бы хотел выучить русский.

Wow.. I can't even say these... goes to show how good my Spanish and English is.  

September 12, 2014