Alex
Climate changes

What do you think about climate changes throughout the world. What is the situation in your country or state? I live in Georgia and can say that it was the hottest summer here this year. It seems to me that average temperature really becomes greater. What's your opinion?

Sep 13, 2014 4:27 AM
Comments · 25

This planet had climate changes all through its milions years of history. Now the present one is the first men made, it comes more quickly, and it is real. But I think life on earth will survive it.

Do you know for example there was 30% oxigen in the air three hundred milions years ago, compared to 20% now. If you would be in that atmosphere, you will get nasea and braindamage. That is worse then a few centigrades warmer and a bit of carbondioxyde.

September 13, 2014

Dorothy, this is not going to happen, really!

"The only life left could end up being microbes!"

If you look at history, the planet has had several periodes of extinction of species, and the climate effects were far more severe in those times. Life will certainly overcome a few % carbondioxyde increase. Now the human race will have a problem with it, but that is another issue.  Remember all the CO2 in oil and gas, actually comes from the living plants and animals milions of years ago. So at some moment in time, it already was in the atmosphere. The planet and life as such can easily survive this change. The human race has to replace a whole lot of harbours, and create a whole lot of dikes, and probably in such a pace that it will cost a lot of money, effort, and even lifes.

September 14, 2014

There is a slow and definite global climate change.  I personally believe that we are reaching the end of an ice age.  It is yet another cycle in the history of planet earth, wether it has been accelarated by man is the biggest debate.

September 13, 2014

Global warming is the reason of this, and human being is polluting earth, so there should be consequences. If pollution isn't decreased, the climate and earth will be much worse.

September 15, 2014

Isn't that always the trouble with those darn foreigners! :D Did you put on the captions to have captions in English?

Later on when I have time, if you are really interested in it, I will try to figure out a way to get you the information. Please let me know though if you think this is going to be very interesting to you because it will take some work. 

September 15, 2014
Show more