Lupin
Vocabulary!

Hey guys, lately I've been having alot of trouble. ALOT OF TROUBLE.
trying to remember vocabulary and it's kickin my ass. Index cards is what I've been trying but this does not do me ANY good.

What are your methods of remembering vocab? 

Sep 13, 2014 11:13 PM
Comments · 5

I would write a sentence or two coming up with all the words I could think of to describe it, then I would read a short story or something about it. After that every time you saw the object for the next day or so I would say it to myself. You might also want to watch a video without any subtitles in that language that you know would use that would alot.

September 13, 2014

You are learning 2 very hard langauges.. Japanese and Arabic.

I would read a book, depending on your level of the langauge pfcourse.

Read online articles. Political etc.

September 13, 2014

If you continue reading some paragraphs and sentences I think it will help you remember vocabulary.

What vocabulary are you learning right now? Maybe we can link some sentences to the vocabulary

September 13, 2014

For me I seem to remember new vocab only once I've used it "live" outside of the classroom.

So get speaking!

September 15, 2014

I've read somewhere that vocabulary can be understood fully in contexts. So, basically, I repeatedly read and listen to materials I studied before, not to seperate from vocaulary from its contexts. It doesn't take much time to read or listen to one (audio) book I've already studied. But the trouble is that I always forget the meanings of words. I should look up them again and again. I try to be patient with that.

I used to make lists of vocabulary, but I couldn't learn ANYTHING from them. So, I make only two kinds of lists. One is for spelling I can't memorize. I sometimes practise speaking with basic expressions. The second list is for those.

September 14, 2014