Liz
Do you speak... Record a voice clip in a language you would like to practice (this one is for English)

Hi! i came accross an online recorder and i thought it might be a good idea to practice speaking the language i am learning by making a voice clip. this is the English version.

this post is here because i felt that i'm not getting enough speaking practice and skype contacts may not always be available and due to time differences it's not always possible to get feedback in live conversations...

to participate in this activity, simply record your voice clip on vocaroo.com, comment with the link below and leave a feedback or tip for others (don't forget to mention their user name) to help them improve their speaking and pronounciation skills.

***IF you can translate this into any other language please just copy and paste and change the beginning Do You Speak... to the language you are learning, and also the last sentence in the first paragraph. (below is bing translate's french translation of this activity)

thank you :)

Salut! Je suis tombé sur un enregistreur en ligne et j'ai pensé qu'il serait une bonne idée de pratiquer la langue, que j'apprends en faisant un message vocal. Il s'agit de la version anglaise.
ce poste est ici parce que je sentais que je ne reçois pas assez pratique parlant et contacts skype ne soient pas toujours disponibles et en raison des différences de temps il n'est pas toujours possible d'obtenir de la rétroaction dans des conversations en direct...
pour participer à cette activité, il suffit d'enregistrer votre message vocal sur vocaroo.com, un commentaire avec le lien ci-dessous et laisser une rétroaction ou un embout pour d'autres (n'oubliez pas de mentionner leur nom d'utilisateur) pour les aider à améliorer leurs compétences en expression orale et la prononciation.
Si vous pouvez traduire cela dans n'importe quelle autre langue s'il vous plaît juste copier / coller et modifier le début vous parlez... à la langue que vous apprenez et aussi la dernière phrase du premier alinéa.
Merci :)

Sep 15, 2014 2:01 PM
Comments · 17

Again, excellent idea, Lizzy. I guess it's best for native/near-native speakers to perhaps record some stuff as well. I currently don't have a mic but I'll be back here tomorrow.

For now:

@Lucas: It's really good. Perhaps just pay attention to a few words (rusty) and structures.

A. I hope improve as soon as. --> I hope to improve as soon as possible./I hope to improve quickly.

B. I think Mandarin easier than English. --> I think Mandarin is easier than English.

C. Recently I start to learn Mandarin. --> Recently I have started to learn Mandarin.

@Francesca: Actually, your pronunciation is very good; clear and easy to listen to. Just pay attention to "read" as pointed out by Spangola. It can be pronounced as "reed" and "red". Just a few notes:

A. I want to live as easier as possible still from the first times of my stay.

--> I want it go as smooth/easy as possible from the start of my stay.

B. useful advices --> useful advice

I think you'll do great in the UK!

September 16, 2014

Hey Francesca "read" in the past tense is pronounced the same way as the colour "red". 

It's spelt "read" and pronounced "red". 

September 16, 2014

Sorry, I noticed the previousn record was not clear. So let's try with that one:

http://vocaroo.com/i/s17oXJ5wDgv5

<em>Hi I am Francesca, I am Italian. I read that post on Italki and I found it really interesting.</em>
<em>I am improving my English because I'll move to UK at the beginning of October and I want to</em>
<em>live as easier as possible still from the first times of my stay.</em>
<em>I actually don't have a huge vocabulary and I think that sometimes I don't have a correct</em>
<em>pronunciation. I hope you will correct me and you will give me useful advices to improve</em>
<em>quicker.</em>

<em>Thank you for listening and have a good day!</em>

September 16, 2014

Lol this is actually a very good idea.

Hey Gio, it sounds like you pronounce the "J" in Japan like a "y". And try not to stress the first syllable. Ja-pan with equal stress on both syllables.

September 15, 2014

http://vocaroo.com/i/s118vDdtG8IS intro about this activity... :D  

i hope you can leave a voice clip too.. :)

merci! ^_~

September 15, 2014
Show more